Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Warrior III and A Nice Zinfandel

Took the dogs to the vet this afternoon. Dogs are so awesome. They tolerate pain with so much grace. (They just got their shots - not a big deal, really.) One of the vet techs said her dog looked exactly like our dog, and asked where we'd gotten ours. Which was a rescue place out on the outskirts of town. Same place as the vet tech. Turns out, our dogs are sisters! Incredibly small world. We'll have a play date after we come back from vacationing in California...

Was trying to do Warrior poses with my sun salutations this morning. I get irritated every time I try to do Warrior III. Got some good advice from Yoga Journal. Here's the link.

I think the key, or the "yoga gold", is what they say about not leaning forward when you get into the pose. It's just about standing up, tightening up your leg. Pose feels much more solid, then. Rather than feeling like I'm going to tip over.

Went to a class tonight. My head hurts from dealing with the world, but I sweated my ass off in yoga, and I somehow feel ... just ... better. I'm thinking about making my way to the Colorado conference in September. Me and my honey are headed to San Jose this weekend for some quality time with friends, followed by time in Big Sur, which I've never seen, and I'm desperately looking forward to.

Had a glass of Dry Creek Zinfandel tonight, purchased at Trader Joe's. Excellent wine!

Dry Creek Vineyard 2007 Heritage Zinfandel

Color: Beautiful deep ruby red.
Aroma: Chocolate/Cocoa. Subtle berry notes as well. I really enjoy the chocolate notes!
Initial Flavor: Jammy fruit, classic zinfandel, good, balanced acidity. A little light in the mouthfeel for my taste.
Finish: Lingering, Gentle Tannin. Nice.
Overall Impression: Good-Good wine. Outstanding value!!!
Again, scale is [Crap, Okay, Good, Good-Good, Outstanding, Nectar of Bacchus].

One of my personal rules for writing this blog is to spend equal time reading someone else's. Read a little bit of "My Place" by Mark Brewer.

I've got to get up early tomorrow to cram some training in at work before our trip. And I'm organizing a retirement event for a member of my team.

No comments:

Post a Comment